jaded paws rescue
JADED PAWS RESCUE FACTS
1. Our average adoption rate is about 1-2 dogs a month.
2. It costs $700- $1000 a month to run the Jaded Paws Rescue.
3. We go through 300 lbs. plus, of dog food a month
4. "Unfortunately" we get anywhere from 30-40 calls a week asking us to take on cases. If we took every case, we would have no where to put them.
5. The name "Jaded Paws" means (forgotten or neglected paws)
6. Being in North Carolina, the majority of our cases come to us with HEARTWORMS and our IMMEDIATE out of pocket expense is an average of $500.00 per dog. This is for spaying/neutering, shots, microchipping and heartworm treatment.
LIFE SAVING STATISTICS FOR 2017-2018
Jaded Paws Rescue works day in and day out to give Pit Bulls and other bully breeds, a chance in life. Each and EVERY dog taken in, gets spayed or neutered, and given any medical treatment necessary. We work patiently to re-acclimatize fearful dogs to the loving care of a human, so that they may eventually be adopted. In some cases, these dogs have never had a kind word or touch, and it is a slow process. After determining temperaments and compatibility factors, we begin that long search for the perfect home.
Our adoption fee is $125 for puppies/adults and $75 for seniors. If you are interested in adopting from us, please email our adoptions coordinator at JadedPawsRescue_Cassandra@yahoo.com for an application, or click below to fill one out online. *All dogs receive the following prior to adoption: Distemper/Parvo Vaccine and boosters, Rabies Vaccination, Heartworm Test & Treatment (if needed) Spay/Neuter (no dog will ever be adopted out without being altered, unless age dictates otherwise in which case they come with a spay/neuter voucher hence the higher adoption fee for puppies.) Microchip and a 6 week basic obedience course to help you and your new fur baby learn more about each other. *Puppies too young for rabies or final boosters will need to be vaccinated post-adoption at the expense of the adopter.*All adopters must be at least 21 years of age. *We will only place dogs with indoor ONLY homes. *A home visit and application are required prior to adoption.
IMPORTANT: Many homeowner's insurance companies have breed blacklists which include, but are not limited to, pit bulls, American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Akitas, American Bulldogs, Chows and wolf-hybrids and will not insure you if they reside in your home or may cancel your insurance if you add a dog of these breeds to your home. Please check your homeowner's insurance policy regarding breed discrimination before submitting this application to adopt a pit bull type dog. Landlords may also have these same breed restrictions due to their insurance policies. Please check this out before applying to adopt or foster one of these breeds.